Boy, 2, dies after being left on school bus for six hours when driver forgot him

Nong Kongbin, from Thailand, died from organ failure in hospital after the bus driver who was taking him to nursery reportedly forgot about him on August 11

    Nong Kongbin, 2, died in hospital from organ failure after being left in a hot school bus (Image: ViralPress)

    A toddler who was left for six hours on a hot school bus died after four days in going into a coma.

    Two-year-old Nong Kongbin was being taken to nursery when the tragedy took place on August 11.

    The boy was found unconscious in the back seat of the school van at a school in southern Thailand before he was rushed to the hospital by staff.

    His death was confirmed on Saturday evening at Maharaj Nakhon Si Thammarat Hospital after suffering organ failure.

    Doctor Songkiat Lektrakoon said: "After four days in a coma, we needed to inform Nong Kongbin's family to prepare for the loss.

    "We took him off the life support machine after the family decided not to use it for the boy anymore."

    He was found unconscious in the back seat of the school van
    (Image: ViralPress)

    • UK's most premature twins cheat death after one brother given zero chance of survival

    • Toddler who fell to his death from block of flats was 'chatty' boy called 'Treasure'

    The boss of the nursery Sunistha Phookwanish said their staff were in charge of looking after 17 children in the van.

    The driver explained that he rushed to get the children out of the vehicle in the morning to evade the storm and did not notice that the boy was left inside.

    Around lunchtime, the boy's mother Suwapat Yodmanee, 26, saw that the pictures reported by the centre staff did not include her son so he called them to check on him.

    The boy's death was confirmed on Saturday
    (Image: ViralPress)

    A police investigation was launched into the incident
    (Image: ViralPress)

    • Toddler falls to his death from ninth-floor of London flats as neighbours hear screams

    Suwapat rushed to the school afterwards but her son had already been transferred to the hospital.

    The boy had been in a coma in the intensive care unit of the hospital, after he was believed to be locked in the hot van alone from 7:30 a.m. to around 1.30pm.

    The childcare centre initially gave 10,000 baht (£245) as consolation to the grieving family.

    Nong pictured with his grieving parents
    (Image: ViralPress)

    Nong died four days after the tragic death incident took place on August 11
    (Image: ViralPress)

    Meanwhile, Police Major General Sonthichai Arwattanakulthep, chief of the local police, said the van driver and the teacher should be charged.

    He said: "Those who were in charge of looking after the children in the school van should be charged with negligence. We are looking into it in our investigation."


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *