Captain Chuenbubpha suffered minor burns after he and his brother squirted the sanitiser over each other, before they lit a cigarette lighter, causing the child to be engulfed in flames within seconds
Don't miss our coronavirus newsletter with all the essential information
Oxford coronavirus vaccine professor warns of rising animal-to-human disease threat
27% of Brits could refuse vaccine
Coronavirus vaccine latest
Coronavirus vaccine trial Phase 2 begins
Coronavirus vaccine trial extended
Captain Chuenbubpha, 3, was left with minor burns after he was set on fire while playing with alcoholic hand sanitiser (Image: ViralPress)
A three-year-old boy was set on fire while playing with alcohol hand sanitiser and a lighter.
Captain Chuenbubpha and his older brother Nonoe, five, were fooling around while getting ready for school inside their home in Samut Prakan, Thailand on August 26.
The younger of the two squirted the hand sanitiser all over his arms and hands, then splashed it onto his uniform and fired it at his brother. His brother squirted back at the young boy.
However, the two boys then picked up a cigarette lighter they took from their parents' bedroom drawers which the older boy then sparked it up.
The boy's damaged school uniform following the incident
Captain, who had hand sanitiser on his shirt, was engulfed in flames within a few seconds.
Their uncle, Thanwa Chuenbubpha, 26, who was having breakfast downstairs with the parents, then rushed to the room upstairs when he heard the children screaming.
The shocked uncle said he did not know what to do at first after seeing his nephew burning on his neck, chest, and arms.
The hand sanitiser the two siblings were playing with contained alcohol
Thanwa said: "I ran to the kids when I heard them crying. I did whatever I could to stop the fire as soon as possible before it burns the boy more."
The worried uncle used his bare hands to kill the flames before tearing the uniform off of the crying boy.
He added: "I smothered him to put out the flames. They were extinguished quickly but he still had injuries all over his body."
Captain was later taken to the hospital in an ambulance. The child has recovered well with minor burns after staying in hospital for one night.