Man hunted for man who filmed ex-wife choking after 'forcing her to swallow caustic soda'

Cassian Eugenia, a mother of three, was caught in a disturbing video allegedly recorded by her husband before her death in March and police are now looking for him as a suspect in her murder.

Police have launched a search for a man who filmed his ex-wife choking on caustic soda he allegedly forced her to swallow during a row at their home.

Cassian Eugenia, 46, a mother of three, died in hospital after her ex-husband Rodrigo allegedly forced her to drink a deadly inorganic substance during an argument at her home in Guianases, Sao Paulo, Brazil, on March 15. She was rushed to two hospitals, but doctors were unable to save her and she died the following day. Her ex-husband filmed some of her final, agonizing moments, showing her fighting for her life.

The couple had been in a difficult relationship for about a year, and shortly before the tragic incident, Cassian left the house with their youngest daughter, who was only four years old, after sharing with relatives that Rodrigo had threatened her.

In one message, the victim said: “When I get home he said everything will be broken. He said he will kill me today.” Rodrigo allegedly sent a video of himself threatening Cassian with a knife to her sister the day before her tragic death.

On the day of the incident, she returned home to pick up some things and found the suspect waiting for her. He then sent a video of her in agony to her relatives, claiming she had tried to commit suicide. In the shocking clip, he said: “Look at what she's spitting out.”

“It's the coffee and acid she drank, you know?” Emergency services arrived on scene to find Cassian with burns from her tongue to her oesophagus, consistent with forced ingestion of a caustic substance. A bottle of caustic soda with a warning label and a knife left under the bed were found at the scene.

Investigators ruled out suicide after an autopsy by the Institute of Forensic Medicine (IML) and after analyzing the crime scene and questioning witnesses. They are now treating the case as aggravated murder and torture.

Brazilian news site Terra.com.br reported that an eyewitness told police cries for help were coming from the mother's home, and Rodrigo was reportedly seen entering the house with a watermelon and a bottle before the incident.

Officers have been unable to trace Rodrigo, who disappeared after the alleged murder and is currently on the run. He has been officially declared a wanted man as investigations continue.

Sourse: www.mirror.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *