WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT Doctors in China found a 2cm wide hole in the patient’s intestine and faecal water in the abdominal areas after removing the eels

    A man was left in agony after swallowing two live eels in a desperate bid to cure his constipation and prostatitis.

    The 51-year-old man, whose name has not been identified, claimed he learned about the self-cure tip from a folk remedy and ingested the eels last week.

    He was rushed to Jiangsu Provincial Chinese Medicine Hospital, east China, the following day after his family found him having an apparent seizure and intense stomach ache.

    Dr Sun Haijian, deputy head of general surgery, told The Paper that the patient showed symptoms of ruptured bowels and acute peritonitis.

    The two eels have tore through the man's intestines and flooded his abdomen with faeces, which triggered a serious infection.

    CT scan shows the two eels curled up in his abdominal cavity
    (Image: AsiaWire / Jiangsu TCM Hospital)

    • Big Ben Brexit bong plans look doomed as Boris Johnson finally admits defeat

    • Prince Harry 'laughed out loud' when asked how chats over his royal future are going

    CT scans revealed the locations of the two eels where they curled up among his vital organs around the digestive tract.

    Video shows the doctors removing the eels, measuring around 20 inches long, from the man's body.

    As the surgeon place them on a tray, one of them is seen wriggling while the other one has its head severed from its body.

    The man said to have swallowed the eels to cure his constipation and prostatitis
    (Image: AsiaWire)

    The eels have stayed inside the man's body for 24hours
    (Image: AsiaWire)

    Dr Sun added: "We opened him up and noticed a large amount of faecal water mixed with blood.

    "There was severe swelling, and we found two very thick swamp eels at the bottom of his abdominal cavity.

    "There was also a perforation in his colon measuring about 2 cm (0.8 inches). It caused the infection and sent his body into shock.

    "We patched the hole in his intestine and cleaned his abdominal cavity, after which the patient was kept in intensive care."

    The patient has since recovered from the operation and is now in an intensive care unit for further observation.

    Sourse: www.mirror.co.uk

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here